Tuesday, April 21, 2009

This is ridiculously frustrating. I have so many thoughts and ideas, things I need to do buzzing about my brain. It's like there's a whole bunch of gnats and I keep grabbing but can't seem to get ahold of a single one. 

I know people get songs and such stuck in their head, but what about words? As I was walking to the laundry center this evening (yes, I do my laundry at 11 pm, we'll get to that later) the word "cuidado" got lodged in there. Now that one I can understand, I had just seen a "Caution" sign on the wet floor because of the rain. But let's try to follow this here....I put the clothes into the dryer, whilst trying to keep ahold of my dog (not too difficult since he's all of 10 lbs) and started walking back to the apartment...passed the trash bins, having all my usual thoughts and fears that someone was going to jump out, was stalking me, grab me and more not good thoughts that should never be shared. But suddenly, the word "corpus callosum" jumped into my head (and just now that made me want to watch "Because of Winn-Dixie"....wtf?). For those who don't know, the corpus callosum is "a broad band of nerve fibers joining the two hemispheres of the brain". Understandably, this reminds me of an episode of "House" called "Half Wit" in which the patient has one hemisphere of the brain removed in order to gain more function...long story, but a really good episode. 

HA! I think I just figured out how I jumped from corpus callosum to Winn-Dixie. Dave Matthews plays the patient in that "House" episode and he also plays a character in Winn-Dixie. But there's a few steps in between, and they jumped so rapidly from one point to the next, it took me this long to figure out the connection between the two. Are you starting to see the trouble with my brain going to fast? I get the image of running an engine without shifting gears and it starting to smoke and burn up. See right now, I'm not really writing with a purpose. I'm just typing as things come to mind, free writing I guess they call it. I don't care for this kind of writing much, I prefer to find a topic and discuss it, but I suppose this is better than not writing at all. 

I caught a frog tonight...the rain brings them out I suppose. Just a little guy, I saw him hopping along in the grass when I was near the laundry room. (A lot seemed to happen to and from there this evening...odd). I put down the basket to catch him and a neighbor girl came by from checking the mail, which reminds me, I need to check mine, I'll be back. I need to take my meds too, might as well while I'm up and remembering to do it. Funny thing is, you, my dear reader, will actually have no concept of how long I've been gone. Isn't that strange? But because I want to be honest here, I'll let you know how long it took to get back. It's 12:40am right now (and I'm bright eyed and bushy tailed...what does that even mean? Ack, let me get going, now! So I'm back now, and even though I was technically back by 12:47, I'm actually sitting back down to write at 3:01 am. Still up and awake. But can anyone really explain what the term "bright eyed and bushy tailed" means? I mean seriously, I'm not a squirrel. I remember back in tech school I had a hard time working on a day shift, so they moved me to night shift. I did better on the night shift, was much more aware of what was going on in class. But even then I had trouble, my  instructors tried having me stand at the back of the class at attention...nope....and I really pissed them off when they would ask me a question (assuming I didn't know the answer since I had been sleeping moments before) and I would get the question right. We tried chewing on sunflower seeds....not so much.  I guess I'll refer to this blog to blog about some of the other things that popped up that I felt like going further into depth. Cause I'm gonna try to actually sleep in my bed for the first time in days rather than just pass out on the couch. Don't worry, once I splat all of these thoughts out from my mind to paper, it'll make more sense, since I'll have a bunch of points to work from. Hey, it makes sense to me! Au revoir!

1 comment:

  1. My mind does this too. Hear or see one thing which reminds of another and then yet another different not linked item and voila new thoughts. David finds this randomness amusing, so do I somedays but other times find it rather annoying I can't seem to just focus.

    ReplyDelete