Monday, April 27, 2009

Dream Interpretation Help!

Swoosh......…swhoosh.......…shwoosh......….the sound goes not just through me but envelopes all of me in this coolness….as I  slowly sway with the waves. I wish I could say that I’m enjoying the feel of the sun on my face, that I’m loving how the water cools my skin just as soon as the heat warms it…but I am just beneath the water, unable to quite feel it….my mouth not quite reaching the crests of waves….how am I not drowning?....yet I just lay there, yearning to breathe, to reach for the edge of water, but not really being too concerned either as my fingertips just skim under the surface. I continue to float along, knowing that something had just happened but I can’t figure out what it is. No confusion….just a calmness, but a knowing that it’s not over.

 

Through the water I see something falling towards me….it lands in the water near me and I go get, all the while staying just slightly submerged, always out of breath, but never feeling like I’m going to suffocate. It’s a large brown-gold talon….like a  bald-eagle talon or something of the sort….clutching it, I feel calm….But I still have no idea what to do. I’m floating just under the water, unable to breathe, holding this talon, now realizing that pieces of the talon are coming off in paper-like sheaths…I just watch them float away…there’s a sorrow at their loss, the loss of the whole, but a deadness too. A simple dead nothing as I watch them go, all the while still trying to hold on to the talon as a whole, making me feel strong. That’s how it all goes, you’re calm in the water as they take paper-thin pieces of you…..so what do they do when they get to a defective piece like me? Anyone and everyone, you're welcome to help me figure out what this dream could mean, cause it's bugging the hell out of me!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Ding,
    Ultimately your dream is about being held back by your emotions.
    In a dream water represents emotion so being that you are under the water and that the water is swaying represents that you are overcome by emotion, you're not drowning in the dream but you are hindered by your emotions yet not completely incapacitated.
    The eagle represents freedom, pride, and courage and it also represents self-renewal and your connection with your spirituality. The fact that the water in your dream prevents you from holding on to the eagles talon says that you are being held back in your life by your emotions. Your want to hold onto the eagles talon represents your want for freedom to be free of the constraints your emotions are putting on you in your life - freedom from what your emotions hold you back from.
    Hope this helps!
    Airey
    oxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks a lot for that help on interpreting the dream. What you say makes sense, and as I'm sitting here wondering what emotions and freedoms I may be dreaming about, some ideas come to mind. My bipolar disorder is an emotional disorder, and it is ruling my life right now. I'm trying desperately to get the medications working so that I can function normally again. So thanks again, that was quite helpful.

    ReplyDelete